When it comes to creating and connecting virtual worlds, over 150,000 people have downloaded NVIDIA Omniverse to make huge strides in transforming 3D design workflows and reach new heights of real-time, physically accurate simulations.
At GTC, NVIDIA today announced new builds and updates for Omniverse, including the latest Omniverse connectors and Libraries – expanding the platform’s ecosystem 10x and making Omniverse even more accessible to creators, developersdesigners, engineers and researchers around the world.
NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise help big business improve their pipelines and creative workflows. New Omniverse Enterprise customers include Amazon, DB Netze, DNEG, KrogerLowe’s and PepsiCo, all of which use the platform to create digital twins or develop realistic immersive experiences for customers.
Improve content creation with new connections and libraries
The Omniverse ecosystem extends beyond design and content creation. In one year, Omniverse connections, the means to connect or integrate with the Omniverse platform, have increased 10 times – with 82 connections through the extended Omniverse ecosystem.
- New third-party connections for Adobe Substance 3D Material Extension and Painter Connector, Epic Games Unreal Engine Connector and Maxon Cinema 4D will enable live synchronization workflows between third-party applications and Omniverse.
- New CAD importers: These convert 26 common CAD formats to Universal Scene Description (USD) to better enable manufacturing and product design workflows in Omniverse.
- New Element Library integrations: TurboSquid by Shutterstock, Sketchfab, and Reallusion ActorCore assets are now directly available in Omniverse Apps asset browsers so users can simply search, drag and drop among nearly one million Omniverse-ready 3D assets. New Omniverse-ready 3D assets, materials, textures, avatars, and animations are also available from A23D.
- New Hydra render delegate support: Users can integrate and switch between their favorite render engines supported by Hydra delegates and the Omniverse RTX rendering engine directly in Omniverse applications. Now available in beta for Chaos V-Ray, Maxon Redshift and OTOY Octane, with Blender Cycles, Autodesk Arnold coming soon.
There are also new links with industrial automation and Double digital software developers. Bentley Systems, the infrastructure engineering software company, announced the availability of LumenRT for NVIDIA Omniverse, powered by Bentley iTwin. It provides nearly 39,000 Bentley System customers worldwide with physically accurate, real-time engineering-grade, industrial-scale visualization. Factory, logistics and scheduling software developer Ipolog has launched three new connections to the platform. This, coupled with the growth isaac sim robotics, enables customers such as BMW Group to better develop holistic digital twins.
Omniverse Enterprise features and availability expand
Omniverse Enterprise on NVIDIA LaunchPad is now available in nine regions around the world. NVIDIA LaunchPad gives design practitioners and project reviewers instant, free, turnkey access to Omniverse Enterprise hands-on labs, helping them make faster, safer software and infrastructure decisions.
Customers drive innovation with Omniverse Enterprise
Amazon has over 200 robotic facilities that process millions of packages every day. It is a complex operation that requires more than half a million mobile training robots to support warehouse logistics. Using Omniverse Enterprise and Isaac Sim, Amazon Robotics is building digital twins of its AI-enabled warehouses to better optimize warehouse design and flow and train smarter robotic solutions.
PepsiCo plans to use digital twins powered by Omniverse Enterprise and Metropolis to improve the efficiency and environmental sustainability of its supply chain to more than 600 distribution centers in 200 regional markets.
“NVIDIA Omniverse will help us better streamline supply chain operations and reduce energy consumption and waste, while advancing our mission toward sustainability,” said Qi Wang, vice president of research. and development at PepsiCo. “When looking at new products and processes, we will use digital twins to simulate and test real-time models and environments before applying changes to physical fulfillment centers.”
Lowe’s Innovation Labs explores how Omniverse can help unlock the next generation of its stores. He uses the platform to push the boundaries of what’s possible in digital twins, simulation, and advanced tools that eliminate friction for clients and associates.
Kroger plans to use Omniverse to optimize store efficiencies and processes through digital twin store simulation.
Raise the bar on Industrial digital twins
At the GTC, NVIDIA announced NVIDIA OVX, a computing system architecture designed to power large-scale digital twins. NVIDIA OVX is designed to leverage complex simulations that will run in Omniverse, allowing designers, engineers, and planners to create physically accurate digital twins and massive, true-to-life simulation environments.
Latest Omniverse technologies and features
Major new releases and features announced for Omniverse include:
- New development tools: Omniverse codean application that serves as an integrated development environment for developers and allows users to easily create their own Omniverse extensions, applications or microservices.
- Advanced search: a new AI-powered search service that allows users to quickly search massive, untagged 3D asset libraries using natural language or images. DeepSearch is available to Omniverse Enterprise customers in Early Access.
- Omniverse Replicator: a framework for generating physically accurate 3D synthetic data to speed up the training and accuracy of perceptual networks – now available in Omniverse Code so developers can build their own domain-specific synthetic data engines.
- OmniGraph, ActionGraph and AnimGraph: major new releases controlling behavior and animation.
- Omniverse avatar: a platform that uses AI and simulation technology to allow developers to create personalized, intelligent and realistic avatars.
- Omniverse XR app: a VR-optimized setup of Omniverse View that lets users experience their 3D scenes in full fidelity with full, 1:1 scale RTX ray tracing coming soon.
- New versions of Omniverse Kit, Create, View and Machinima.
Learn more about the full version of the new platform characteristics.